Friday, December 20, 2013

Our Farewell


For my final post this semester I will try and end things off right! As much as I would love to continue with this blog I just do not have the time unfortunately, although these lessons have been fun.   I hope you all have enjoyed learning about the art history world.  Even though this was just a small taste, there’s still so much out there to find out about.  If I get the chances I promise to bring you more but we will have to see!

Art is about ones creativity; it’s your freedom of expression you are able to do whatever you would like with it no matter what it is.  It is your individualism even if it is modern art.  That’s the beauty in it; the freedom to do whatever you feel like and you don’t have to use the conventional methods either.  Tattoos are a example of an unconventional form but so is graffiti or street art, fashion is even used as a form or art and expression its all up to you!  Just make sure it legal!

And well now thank you to you guys for the support and even interest.  Art and history are not the most popular subjects and I hope you find my delivery as entertaining as the subject content maybe even more.  Since I am new to blogging I hope it was up to par.  It did teach me though that I should always trust my writing, only I know what’s best for me.  And the same goes for you!  Blogging is not at all what I expected and I never expect to actually like it. 

I know, I know art history is not seen as particularly fun but I am hoping you learned a little about the world I love so dearly.  Now go out there and find out who your favorite artist is and then try to find out more about that world whether you like political art of the 1960’s or are a major Picasso fan.  Just go out and find out more.  Most artists do what they love and the admiration is just a side of it.  It’s all about doing what you love so make sure you do!

Find out more! Go to a museum and see all the beautiful works of art the world has to offer.  You don’t even have to go to a museum a lot of architecture is considered forms or art so pay more attention to those buildings you walk into they may be someone’s form of self expression and life. Like all the beautiful gothic cathedrals that populate Europe built in the Renaissance period.  Sorry one last piece of info!


Go find your form of expression!




No comments:

Post a Comment